The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
I recently re-read The Gifts of Imperfection. I pick it up off my bookshelf at least once a year and always find some new insight whenever I read it!
The 3 standout points to me are …
- Meaningful change is a process and we’ll all need a dose of courage, compassion, and connection along the way.
- “No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough.”
- “You’ll wonder how you can feel so brave and so afraid at the same time.”
I’m not sure if these points jump out at the moment because of the phase I’m going through on my journey – but I feel they’re important to share.
What they mean to me (today):
- I’m not alone in the feelings I’m experiencing. They’re not unusual. And you’re not alone in the feelings you’re experiencing either 😉
- A reminder that I’m exactly where I’m meant to be right now, no matter how far I have left to go on my journey or the ‘work’ I have left to do.
- I have all the tools I need to face the journey ahead. You do too – you just need to accept that you’re perfectly imperfect just the way you are ❤
If you haven’t read The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown, I highly recommend it!